YOU ARE WELCOME TO THE UNDERGRADUATE
Congratulations! You are probably approaching the end of your secondary school year or you have finished already, and while the search for the right University seem stressful —visiting university sites on the internet, filling out applications, writing your commitment, in addition to your current school work and activities such as preparing for your final exams—I would like to offer you a word of advice: RELAX. Stop for one moment. Sit, take a deep breath and consider all of your achievements over the past few years. Throughout secondary school, you have been working diligently on your academics. Now it’s time to reflect on these accomplishments in order to find a University that fits you. You will likely apply to more than one University; some will offer you admission while others will not, but in the end, you will find a home here in Covenant University.
We are very excited about welcoming you to the CU community and helping you achieve your academic goals. You’ll find CU to be a vibrant and growing institution where students, faculty and staff enjoy a challenging and collaborative environment, allowing you to discover, create and excel in a spectacular setting.
Applicants are encouraged to start applying early to ensure a smooth transition to CU. If you have any questions about the admission requirements or the application process, please contact the Office of Admissions or simply visit our Admission site (http://admission.covenantuniversity.edu.ng) for all the necessary information. Check out the online Checklist to determine what other steps you still need to complete to become a CU Student.
The Admissions Office at Covenant University considers all of the information you present in your application; the consideration for admission is a holistic process, not just the UTME scores or CUSAS scores. We are hoping to find out who you are, as a person, and what you will bring to our campus- your personality, skill set and potentials.
I have shared these little bits of information with you to help you understand the admissions process and hopefully to help you relax, reflect and enjoy the application process. Celebrate your triumphs and please share them with us. I hope you enjoy exploring the rest of our website. Feel free to stop by our campus or make further enquiries at our Admissions Office. We are here to help you throughout this process.
Your decision to apply to Covenant University is the first step in this exciting journey and an important part of a great academic pursuit. Not only will you find yourself surrounded by some of the country’s best students, but you’ll be learning from faculty who are tops in their fields and dedicated to the art of teaching.
The instructions below will help guide you through the application process and answer all your questions.
NOTE: Undergraduate Admission (National) refers to students whose state of origin is within the country Nigeria.
I wish you the best.
Covenant University aims to provide prospective students with as much information as possible about our undergraduate programmes, the application and admissions process. In addition to exploring our website, prospective students can join our electronic mailing list to get information about Covenant University, admissions and more. Prospective students can also learn about our undergraduate programmes and the application process by physically visiting our Admissions Office on-campus.
A complete and on-time application will provide you with the optimal review of your application. Our Application Procedures section below and Application Requirements Checklist are available to help you finalise the submission of all required materials.
If you are ready to apply, proceed to our online application now.
Check out our Frequently Asked Questions page to get answers to common questions. Should you still have any question about the admissions or the application process, please contact us by
phone at 09068864931, 08054291783, 07081990685, 08095143760.
For programme information, visit our programme information webpage for a detailed description and requirements for each programme of study in CU.
CU accepts applications for a designated degree through a secure, electronic submission process. An online application and recommendation system accepts all required application materials.
BEFORE YOU APPLY
- Prospective students of Covenant University are to obtain the JAMB forms, choose Covenant University and sit for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) of the Board as prescribed in the relevant advertisement for the 2017/2018 admission exercise.
- In addition, applicants must complete the Covenant University Application Forms, available online.
- Use the Application Requirements Checklist section below to prepare your application for submission.
- Review the website information for your programme of interest, specific programme admission requirements and application deadlines. All materials submitted in support of the application must be received by the published application deadline.
START YOUR APPLICATION
Click on the following link to start your application: Apply Now
CHECK RECEIPT OF YOUR MATERIALS ONLINE
When you Apply Online, you have convenient access to an electronic checklist detailing what application items have or have not been received. Your checklist is posted immediately after you submit your application and application items received are logged daily. Online recommendations are automatically updated to a status of “received” when submitted by the recommender.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to make certain that all admission materials are received by the designated application deadline. Neither the Admissions Office nor the Departments can assume the responsibility of informing the applicant about erroneous or missing materials.
All materials (original, photocopied or electronic documents) submitted in support of an application become a part of Covenant University application record and cannot be released to the student or a third party. If application materials are forged, falsified or altered, the Admissions Office will notify all relevant officials. Submission of such materials will disqualify an applicant for admission
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS CHECKLIST
The application and uploaded electronic documents will be submitted directly via a secure online process. Your online submissions are considered to be official documents. You are to appear on the day of the interview with original and photocopy of all the uploaded documents.
ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
Submission of the electronic application form will activate your admission consideration process. All electronic documents submitted in support of the application should be submitted according to the guidelines outlined below. Click here to start your application.
NON-REFUNDABLE APPLICATION FEE
The application form fee is non-refundable. The application form can be saved with a view of completion at a later date. An application cannot be submitted if the application fee is not paid at the end of the form. The application fee for the 2017/2018 academic year is N6,550 (Six Thousand Naira Only). Transaction charges apply: N600 (Six Hundred Naira Only) via over the counter transaction, while N900 (Nine Hundred Naira Only) via Card Payment. The fee can be paid by debit/credit card.
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
A statement of purpose (not more that 500 word count) should be prepared and submitted online with the application. The personal statement should address your intellectual interests, academic and professional objectives, visions and goals for life. Please review the academic programmes for details listed by specific undergraduate programmes.
UPLOADING OF CREDENTIALS
The application would only be considered completed if you upload the following credentials:
- Birth Certificate
- Scanned 2017 JAMB result with your passport clearly visible on it
- WAEC or NECO Result (if available)
- Letter of Sponsorship by Parents
Please note that all the documents must be in PDF and not more than 100kb
PRINCIPAL AND PASTORAL REFERENCE LETTERS
Two official recommendations are required for your application to be completed. These recommendations must be from persons in positions to appraise your potential for undergraduate study at Covenant University. These persons should include the following: Spiritual Leader, Principal or Any teacher from your school. Covenant University requires the use of the online recommendation system, which utilizes a secure system that will:
- Automatically email your recommendation providers with instructions for online submission of the recommendation.
- Allow applicants to track recommendations received or not received and follow up with recommenders who still need to submit their appraisals.
- Expedite the processing of the recommendations, which will be included in the online application once submitted.
- Automatically notify you when recommendations have been received.
CUSAS SCREENING AND BOOKING
There will be a Computer based Post-UTME screening, which will take place at Covenant University, Canaan Land, Km. 10 Idiroko Road, Ota. The screening schedule would be accessible via the Screening Booking. Candidates will be notified via text messages. All candidates are required to pay the sum of Six thousand Five hundred and fifty Naira (6,550.00) and the fee can be paid by credit card (i.e. Interswitch). You may also pay via quick teller.
- Pay Required Fees
- * Please Click to Go to CUportal
- * Log in with your username and password
- * Click on Application Status to print the Notification of Admission
- * Click on “pay fees” to pay fees (Acceptance Fee and/or Balance)
- * See bottom of page and “click here to proceed”
- * If you are paying Acceptance fee, insert the amount
- * Select Acceptance Fee in the drop down box
- * Click to proceed
- * Choose Mode of Paymen – CU PIN (Bank Payment): See list of banks to pay into below.
- You will be given a unique CU-PIN for the value of the acceptance or balance fee – College Pay (WebPay): You can pay using your Nigerian debit card.
- * If you chose CU PIN, insert receipt number as given from the bank and insert PIN
- * If you chose WebPay, click to pay after confirmation of payment values
- * Once transaction is confirmed successful, click on “Print Receipt”