We are very excited about welcoming you to the Covenant community and helping you achieve your academic goals. You’ll find Covenant to be a vibrant and growing institution where students, faculty and staff enjoy a challenging and collaborative environment, allowing you to discover, create, and excel in a Spectacular setting.
Applicants are encouraged to start applying early to ensure a smooth transition to Covenant. If you have any questions about the admission requirements or the application process, please contact the Admissions’ Office or simply visit our Admission site (http://admission.covenantuniversity.edu.ng) for all the necessary information. Check out the online checklist to determine what other steps you still need to complete to become a Covenant Student.
The Admissions Office at Covenant University considers all of the information you present in your application; the consideration for admission is a holistic process, not just the UTME scores or CUSAS scores. We are hoping to find out who you are, as a person, and what you will bring to our campus- your personality, skill set and potentials. Feel free to stop by our campus or make further enquiries at our Admissions’ Office. We are here to help you throughout this process.
Your decision to apply to Covenant University is the first step in this exciting journey and an important part of a great academic pursuit. Not only will you find yourself surrounded by some of the country’s best students, but you’ll be learning from faculty who are tops in their fields and dedicated to the art of teaching.
The instructions below will help guide you through the application process and answer all your questions.
NOTE: Undergraduate Admission (National) refers to students whose state of origin is within the country Nigeria.
I wish you the best.
Covenant University aims to provide prospective students with as much information as possible about our undergraduate programmes, the application and admissions process. In addition to exploring our website, prospective students can join our electronic mailing list to get information about Covenant University, admissions and more. Prospective students can also learn about our undergraduate programmes and the application process by physically visiting our Admissions Office on-campus.
Before you Apply
Prospective students of Covenant University are to obtain the JAMB forms, choose Covenant University and sit for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) of the Board as prescribed in the relevant advertisement for the 2019/2020 admission exercise.
In addition, applicants must complete the Covenant University Application Forms, available online. Use the Application Requirements checklist section below to prepare your application for submission.
Review the website information for your programme of interest, specific programme admission requirements and application deadlines. All materials submitted in support of the application must be received by the published application deadline.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to make certain that all admission materials are received by the designated application deadline. Neither the Admissions Office nor the Departments can assume the responsibility of informing the applicant about erroneous or missing materials.
All materials (original, photocopied, or electronic document) submitted in support of an application become a part of Covenant University application record and cannot be released to the student or a third party. If application materials are forged, falsified, or altered, the Admissions Office will notify all relevant officials. Submission of such materials will disqualify an applicant for admission.
Non-Refundable Application Fee
- The application form fee for the 2019/2020 academic year is N7,000 (Seven Thousand Naira Only). Post-UTME Screening fee is N2,000 (Two thousand Naira only). Transaction charges apply - N600 (Six Hundred Naira Only) for bank / over the counter transaction. Payment can be made at these authorized banks - Access, Zenith, UBA, GTB, Stanbic, Keystone, CMFB etc. You are required to walk into the bank, provide applicant’s name, make payment and receive the PIN and RECEIPT NUMBER to be inputted on the form.
- The application form can be saved with a view of completion at a later date. An application cannot be submitted if the application fee is not paid at the end of the form.
Statement of Purpose
A statement of purpose (not more than 500-word count) should be prepared and submitted online with the application. The personal statement should address your intellectual interests, academic and professional objectives, visions, and goals for life. Please review the academic programmes for details listed by specific undergraduate programmes.
Uploading of Credentials
- The application would only be considered completed if you upload the following credentials:
- Birth Certificate
- Scanned 2019 JAMB result with your clearly visible passport photograph
- WAEC or NECO Result (if available)
- Letter of Sponsorship by Parents
- Please note that all the documents must be in PDF and not more than 100kb
Principal and Pastoral Reference Letters
Three official recommendations are required for your application to be completed. These recommendations must be from persons in positions to appraise your potential for undergraduate study at Covenant University. These persons should include the following: Spiritual Leader, Principal or any teacher from your school and an Alumnus of the Covenant University (Optional). We require the use of the online recommendation system, which utilizes a secure system that will:
- Automatically email your recommendation providers with instructions for online submission of the recommendation.
- Allow applicants to track recommendations received or not received and follow up with recommenders who still need to submit their appraisals.
- Expedite the processing of the recommendations, which will be included in the online application once submitted.
- Automatically notify you when recommendations have been received.
CUSAS Screening and Booking
The screening schedule would be accessible via the Screening Booking. All candidates are required to pay the sum of Nine Thousand Naira Only (N9,000.00) which entails Seven Thousand Naira (N7, 000.00) for the form and Two Thousand Naira (N2,000.00) for post-UTME screening.